Saturday, April 29, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Young Heroes

While they did the Batman and Superman characters from Future State a couple years ago, they didn't do maybe the most popular character to spin out of that:  Yara Flor, who became Wonder Woman but is also called Wonder Girl so I guess they don't confuse her with Diana, who is still around as well.  Maybe they'll get around to it, but for now they haven't.

So unless I can think of something or they make something else before this posts, I decided to use this for some of the young heroes who I didn't have posts for already.  

I got half the Shazam movie family (Freddie, Mary, and Pedro) from Five Below stores.  

Billy Batson I got from Amazon Vine:


Darla and Eugene I couldn't find so I had to get them from Amazon, though they weren't that expensive at the time.


Each one comes with a little rubber bad guy too.  I could have got the Billy Batson DC Multiverse Mattel one from Vine but I already had the movie one that seemed mostly the same, just a little smaller and maybe a little less poseable.  Close enough!  I do also have a talking 12-inch Shazam from Vine and a 12-inch Dr. Sivana for him to fight.

McFarlane has made a new Billy Batson Shazam for the movie but I don't think they made the others.  For shame!

I also have Spoiler, aka Stephanie Brown, who I think was Robin and Batgirl at some point.  I got her on clearance from Amazon.


I also got The Ray who is...I don't really know.  He's periodically been in comics and maybe even had his own title for a few months.  It's the kind of thing where I think, You made this guy but not Guy Gardner, Zatanna, Mr. Terrific, Plastic Man, Hawkgirl or other characters who have been around a lot longer?  But anyway, there he is:


I think I got him (and maybe Spoiler) for the Luthor armor pieces but also they were cheap.  Those are (at this point) all the random young heroes I have.  

Here's another one I don't have, Duke Thomas as "The Signal."  I don't know what exactly his deal was but I guess they had enough Robins already.

McFarlane also made this Static Shock, though I'm not sure why they chose the short-lived New 52 version instead of more recent or classic versions:

I don't think they've made a Harper Row, aka "Bluebird" (ugh) or Cassandra Cain, aka Orphan (also the late 90s/early 2000s Batgirl) who are also young Bat-allies.  Or the Wonder Twins or Lobo's daughter Crush or some other ones who have been in the comics the last decade or so.

They might make a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle before the movie comes out later this year but I haven't seen it.

I'm still pissed they haven't officially made a line of Young Justice figures.  What's up with that?  I get the live action shows there might be rights issues with the actors, but that's an animated show, so what's the hold up?  Come on, Todd, make me a fucking Miss Martian, Connor, and Tigress already!

2 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I rather love Spoiler. Those Shazam figures are pretty cool.

C. D. Gallant-King said...

I was trying to remember Spoiler the other day! ("She was Robin for a bit, and someone's girlfriend, I think, and maybe Batgirl but not really Batgirl...")

Thank you! 🙂

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...