Monday, April 24, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Trevor, Steve, Thomas Wayne, Two-Face, Talon, and Titans

When I was coming up with my list, it seemed like T would be pretty easy.  I mean, it's a common letter, right?  One of the top 5 Wheel of Fortune letters.  But weirdly there's not a lot for T for DC figures.  They haven't really made much for Mr. Terrific or any of the other Terrifics.  Or even Red Tornado.  Unless you want to use "The" not much came up.

When I was spitballing Ts in my collection, I realized I had Trevor, Steve from Wonder Woman.  He's a pretty good representation of Chris Pine in the movie.  Mostly I got him for the Build-a-Figure part but also he was only $5 at Five Below.


Later on I got the "unmasked" version of Flashpoint Batman, who is an alternate universe Batman where Thomas Wayne survived instead of Bruce.  Thomas is older and a bigger hard-ass than his son as Batman and he doesn't have any problems with shooting people.  

He first appeared in the Geoff Johns series Flashpoint where the Flash saved his mother and created an alternate timeline.  Later Tom King revived the character for his run on the Batman title, where Thomas joins forces with Bane to force Bruce out of the Batman life--except Bruce is too stubborn to quit.



This "unmasked" version was cheaper than the masked one.  I don't really like the head because the shape makes it look kind of fat.  I assume that was so it would be the same size as the masked head.  Anyway, he has a huge sword and guns.  Sweet.

After I already wrote the above, I realized there was another T:  Two-Face!  There was a DC Multiverse figure of him by Mattel a few years ago.  I almost got it one time at Target because some ass had put it in the clearance bin, but when I checked on one of those scanners around the store I saw it wasn't actually on clearance, so I didn't buy it.  I don't really regret that as I'm not really that big of a Two-Face fan.  I think this version is more of the Rebirth version:


I know they made a figure or two of the Tommy Lee Jones version from Batman Forever and the Animated Series version back in the 90s but other than that, I don't think they've done much with him.

Then last summer McFarlane came out with another legit T:  Talon!  In the first New 52 Batman comics by Scott Snyder, Talons are the henchmen of the evil Court of Owls.  (Owls, Talons, get it?)  Like Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, the Talons are frozen until needed.  Dick Grayson was supposed to be a Talon but escaped that somehow.


There was also a series about a rogue Talon who was a good guy, fighting other Talons and stuff.  It seemed sort of like Azrael only it lasted a lot less time, just 12 issues and then it was gone.  I don't know if they showed up in Gotham but I think they were in an animated movie.  They might appear in the Matt Reeves movies if they use the Court of Owls.

There's also this upcoming set of Teen Titans from McFarlane that is pretty disappointing to me.  I mean, you have another Nightwing (who already has about 5-6 figures), Arsenal (formerly Speedy), Donna Troy (formerly Wonder Girl), and original Raven (whom I don't like nearly as much as the later Goth girl-type version) who then form a really monstery-Beast Boy.  At the least they should have made Starfire instead of Nightwing because they already have a bunch of Nightwings and they already made Cyborg and Wally West so you'd have a pretty decent Titans roster with all that.  Instead there's a pretty big hole in the lineup that maybe they can eventually fix.

And I realized about a week ago I could have also used Teth-Adam for the Black Adam movie figures since I didn't use them anywhere else:

So anyway, we finally got some Ts.  Go drink some tea while wearing your T-shirt, listening to Ice-T, and watching Mr. T in the A-Team or Rocky III.  I pity you, fool!

1 comment:

C. D. Gallant-King said...

That is a weird looking version of Raven. Donna Troy and Beast Boy are cool though. The less said about Speedy/Arsenal the better. He looks like a reject from a 90s Rob Liefeld comic. Just needs a few more pouches.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...