Monday, April 10, 2023

A to Z Challenge: Hawk! Hawks!

And I'm not talking Lincoln Hawks--or Hawk--from Over the Top.  We're talking about Hawkman and Hawkgirl...or woman.  Whatever.  Like the Flash and Green Lantern, they've been in comics for a long time.  I'm not sure if they were originally part of the Justice Society, but Hawkman has periodically been part of that at least.  Sometimes they've had their own title--or just one of them--and Hawkwoman was part of the Justice League.

There have been a couple of figures, but not really a lot.  I could have got Hawkman from Legends of Tomorrow on clearance at Meijer and he was cheap online because he was only in like one or two episodes before getting killed off. 


They didn't really make a Hawkgirl one to match, which is weird in that she was a main character of that show for a while, but there was one through DC Direct:


For the Black Adam movie, McFarlane made a Hawkman figure; Hawkwoman/girl was not in that movie.



It's too bad this traditional Hawkgirl is old and in a two-pack so it's really expensive:


Otherwise I could add her to my collection of redheaded female heroes.  I seriously have a disproportionate amount of redheaded female heroes, including the two Hope Summers I customized into Scarlet Knight figures.

Anyway, there's also Hawk of Hawk & Dove, but he only had a figure from like 2013-2014 or so, not from the Titans TV show:

They have not been in any movies and I doubt they would be any time soon.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

They did a good job on the Hawkman figure from Black Adam.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I rather enjoyed the Hawkgirl from the DCAU/Brue Timm verse. We have a couple of a her figures here still. When my son was little he always called her "Hot Girl," made my wife and I laugh.
--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side, The A to Z of Doctor Who

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...