Monday, April 4, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Captain America

Captain America is probably my favorite Marvel character in both comics and movies.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe because I am a patriotic American.  Maybe it's that like Superman when you think of what you'd like a superhero to be, he embodies all of it.  And he's been around over 80 years now, so obviously lots of other people like him too.

I mentioned in previous entries that the two Marvel Legends figures of Cap that I have are WWII ones.  The first one I got about 2015 on clearance at the local Meijer just because I thought he looked cool.



And the second I got in the two-pack with Peggy Carter where the price for both of them on Amazon was practically what you'd pay for just one figure.  While Peggy didn't come with much, Cap had a lot of accessories like two shields, a helmet, machine gun, and extra hands.



On another entry I mentioned this two-pack that should by now have been released that I'd like just because it has both the Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson versions of the character.

Obviously there are a lot more versions of Cap that have been released tying to both comics and the MCU. But I still like the ones I have.

3 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I think my favorite Marvel character was/is Dr. Strange. That probably has to do with my liking to play D&D so much. He's as close to a wizard as you kind of get with the series. That being said, I don't own any action figures. But I do own lots of D&D stuff.

Cindy said...

I don't have a single favorite, but Captain America is one of my favorites too. I kinda wish he would have had another in the WW2 era and not come to our time so fast. I wanted to see more in that setting.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's my wife's favorite. We have a large figure of him in our movie room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...