Wednesday, April 13, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Kamala Khan

 It was like 8 or 9 years ago when Marvel introduced the new Ms. Marvel, a Pakistani-American named Kamala Khan.  I read the first volume of comics and they were OK but not something I felt the need to continue reading.  I mean I'm not Muslim or a teenager or a girl, so I don't have much in common.  Cancel me for that if you want.


Anyway, a couple years ago they came out with some new Avengers video game and Kamala was one of the characters added to the more traditional team of Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.  There was a tie-in figure that was on sale on some toy store site on Facebook that advertised on my feed.  So I got it for like $10.

That's good because it's slightly smaller than the average figure, more like 5 inches instead of 6.  She has stretching powers so the figure comes with alternate arms that are longer than normal.

With her getting a show on Disney+ and being in the next Captain Marvel movie, I'm sure there will be more figures of her coming out.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not familiar with that one.

Cindy said...

It sounds like Kamala is moving up in the Marvel universe. Perhaps to have more diversity, which is good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...