Friday, April 8, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Gwen Stacey/Spider-Gwen/Gwenpool

 So, yeah, I have three different Gwen figures.  I bought the retro Gwen Stacey figure when it came out because besides Gwen, it also has a Mary Jane Watson head.  I usually keep it with the MJ head on because she's been in the series a lot more.


The Spider-Gwen I have came in a two-pack with Miles Morales from Into the Spider-Verse.  Spider-Gwen is an alternate universe character who got spider powers instead of Peter Parker.  She was first introduced in the comics during the big Spider-Verse event but was popular enough to stick around and become part of the animated movie.  I don't think she's been part of the actual MCU yet.  The figure has both a Gwen head and a Spider-Gwen head with a separate hood along with extra hands.


Gwenpool is not Gwen Stacey, but some other Gwen.  In the comics she was some huge comics nerd who somehow broke the fourth wall and actually got into the comics...or something.  She was one of those peg-warming figures you could get for fairly cheap for a while.  One day I finally bought her when she was down to like $4.50 at a Walmart in Fowlerville, I think it was.  Her figure is OK but her legs are weird-looking; they're too thick compared to her body.


Lots of Gwens!

1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

You've got some pretty cool figures in your posts so far. I've never collected such things, but sometimes I wish that I had had the foresight to buy some things like this. I do have one figure--a Michael Jackson doll from circa 1985 still unopened in the box. Don't know if it's worth anything, but I guess I'll hang onto it. I should put it on display somewhere, but it's locked away in some old trunk in my garage with some other collectible items.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...