Thursday, April 21, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Red Guardian

 In the comics, Red Guardian is the Soviet version of Captain America, which might make for a good Yakov Smirnoff joke.  I haven't really read much with the character in it; he might have been more in older Captain America comics, before the Soviet Union broke up.

Anyway, I got one of the comics-related Red Guardian figures I think from Amazon when it was cheap.  He was part of the Captain America Civil War line, which I wish I had gotten the rest of because the Cap, Iron Man, Black Panther, and Nick Fury ones were pretty awesome-looking.  But I only got this one and Nuke, I think I got Nuke for cheap online from Walmart.  So I have Giant Ant-Man's chest and right leg.

With the Black Widow movie they made a couple from that in the David Harbour mold.  The one I have is the young Red Guardian that was sold individually.  I got it on Mercari for pretty cheap.

The other one is an older version that came in a two-pack with his "wife" Rachel Weisz.  It would have been cool to get that just for her figure. Yeah, you know what I mean...

Betcha can't guess what the S entry is...

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Because Rachel Weisz is still hot...

Christopher Dilloway said...

S...Superman right? lol :p

PT Dilloway said...

Superman did once team up with this other S character...

Christopher Dilloway said...

so did the Transformers team up with Mr. S lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...