Tuesday, April 26, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Venom

 Almost as popular as Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Deadpool is Venom.  There have been a few figures over the years, some of them were larger Build-A-Figures.  The Spider-Ham I bought has a Venom Build-A-Figure chest, but I never bought any of the others in that line to get the remaining pieces.

Then a couple years ago on Target.com they had a movie version of the figure on sale and I bought that for a birthday gift to myself.  It's from the first movie and is only a little larger than normal size.  So there's none of the Spider branding on it and it didn't come in a bunch of pieces to assemble.  You have to love the Gene Simmons tongue there.


As far as Venoms go, I think he's pretty cool for just your basic Venom.


Recently they had a wave of "Venomized" figures like Captain America and Miles Morales with Venom-type black stuff all over them.  I don't see any need to own those either. 


With the second Venom movie they came out with some figures from that like Carnage and Shriek.  Maybe someday I'd get a Carnage, but I don't really care that much.

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

A Captain America Venom just seems odd...

Jayashree Srivatsan said...

Venom reminded me of the monsters that come in 'Miss Pettigrew s home for peculiar children'

Jayashree writes

PT Dilloway said...

Except that Venom was created about 25 years before the first Miss Peregrine book.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...