Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Wolverine

 Like Deadpool and Spider-Man, I wanted a Wolverine figure, but not really any of the 500 variants.  Just a pretty basic one.  I remember one time I was in Target in Farmington and I saw the basic yellow-and-brown one they had out at the time and I almost bought it--but then I didn't.  And of course it was never very cheap online, so I've kind of kicked myself over that.

Why did I not buy this when I could?!

Like Deadpool I did get a gray-and-black X-Force Wolverine that was pretty cheap a few years ago.  But it's just not the same.


Last year they came out with a "House of X" yellow-and-brown one and I put it on my Amazon Wish List.  Of course when it came out the supply was limited and price was volatile.  I had to wait a few weeks to get it for a reasonable price--and for it to be in stock.


It's an OK basic Wolverine, but the heads kind of piss me off.  The facial expression on the one head seems kind of goofy.  The other one has this gray goatee for some reason.  I tried coloring it black with a marker, but it didn't work so well.

There is a new basic Wolverine coming out late this year that's more 90s inspired with the yellow-and-blue costume, which really is more appropriate than brown because the Michigan Wolverines are "maize" and blue.  If I could actually buy it then I might because it's a little better looking than the House of X one.


There's also an actual 90s cartoon one through the subscriber service Hasbro Pulse, which I don't have.  I don't know when or if that will come out.

Of course there are all sorts of other ones.  There are ones based on Hugh Jackman in the movies.  There are Weapon X ones.  There's an Age of Apocalypse alternate universe one where he only has one hand because Cyclops lasered the other one off or something.  There are Old Man Logan ones for both the comics and movie.


He has adamantium or bone claws!

Age of Apocalypse

Weapon X

Old Man Logan comics

But for me, just give me the yellow spandex.  Is that weird?  Probably.

1 comment:

Anne E.G. Nydam said...

That's a lot of Wolverines! Good luck getting one you're happy with. (Stopping by from the A to Z Road Trip.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...