Friday, April 22, 2022

A to Z Challenge: Spiders

 When it comes to Spider-Man, obviously they've made a ton of figures over the years.  I mean he's the most popular character or at least in the top 3 with Wolverine and Deadpool.  Despite that, it wasn't until fairly recently that I had an actual Spider-Man figure.

Like Black Panther the first Spider-Man figure I ever bought was a movie one from  Homecoming.  I got it from Ollie's for like $5.  And for a while that was good enough because the Marvel Legends figures were either different costume variants or any of the more basic ones were pretty expensive.

He's pranking Grand Admiral Thrawn...

When they finally came out with a retro 90s wave of figures, I got the basic Spidey along with Gwen Stacey.  He comes with a couple of extra hands and a different head that has slightly different eyes.  That's pretty much it.  But that's fine with me because I just wanted a normal Spider-Man.


I also have Spider-Ham.  I saw him at Meijer in Waterford and instantly bought it for regular price because I figured I'd never see it again on shelves and it would never be all that cheap online.  Looking it up on eBay, you can get the mini one that came with a more recent Into the Spider-Verse wave for like $10 but not the one I have, which is more comics based.


And I have Spider-Woman that I got on eBay with a couple of Build-A-Figure parts as mentioned previously.


As far as the Spiders go, I would like the original black suit one or maybe the Scarlet Spider, but most of the different variants I'm not going to waste money on.  That's just me.

2 comments:

Maurice Mitchell said...

There are a TON of costume variations for Spider-Man and most are terrible. I agree with your choices. I’d drop money on that sweet Spider-Ham figure but my kids would destroy it. Good post

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I think I hit publish too soon.

I used to have a Mego Spider-man figure. Kinda wish I still did. I do have a Spider-Gwen figure before she became Ghost Spider.

--
Tim Brannan
The Other Side | The A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...